What is it social media and can it really help local businesses?
We all know that social media has become an increasingly popular way to connect with our ‘friends’ and socialise. But what is it all about and how can it really help you bring more business through the door?
Lets start with a great little definition by Axel Schultze “Social Media is the collection of tools and online spaces available to help individuals and businesses to accelerate their information and communication needs.” Facebook has 31 million UK users – a whopping half of the UK population has an account! With Twitter having 15 million UK users. Would you believe that internet users now spend more time on social media than they do on adult websites – which until recently had the highest usage!
So social media represents a huge opportunity for businesses – a market place, filled with potential customers, who ‘drop-in’ on a regular basis and have opted in (either directly or through peer recommendations) – so an interested customer base at your fingertips! And if they ‘like’ what you’ve said and share it, your audience can get amplified quickly. Before you know it your brand could get as much attention as the Mongolian girl who hunts with an eagle (the highest trending posts this wk)! Compare this to traditional press advertising or e-mail marketing and social media for the reasons above is streets ahead and more cost effective.
So in terms of your business, these are many of benefits social media can bring:
- Improve your website conversion rates – your website traffic vs sales/leads will get better. Customers are re-assured by your social media presence, which increases trust and professionalism of your business
- Repeat recognition of your business – traditional advertising needs to be seen 7 times before customers take action. This is an opportunity to get attention more frequently – in a place they spend time and feel comfortable in
- Keep ahead of your competitors – if they’re use social media you need to get involved to keep up. If they’re not, it’s your chance to get ahead!
- Grow your potential customer base – as your followers increase, you can market to them at any time for free. And the greater ‘crowd’ you gain the more others will want to join
- Gain clout, trust and better SEO – a busy social network is associated with authority and credibility. It also ticks boxes for Google and can propel your website up the rankings – resulting in more visitors and sales.
But, don’t be fooled into thinking that reaping these rewards is easy. It requires commitment to creating engaging context and communicating it on a frequent basis. At Icenimedia, we are here to help! During April we are offering our cost effective social media service with NO set up fee. Packages start from only £150 per month. For more details click here